So I’ve done a post before regarding making yogurt in my instant pot! I thought it was easy… but easy is relative to what you know… clearly! After making this cold start recipe… my original recipe is difficult and a real pain in the booty!
This one is soooo simple!
- Fairlife whole milk (1/2 gallon) DO NOT USE REGULAR MILK FOR THIS METHOD, it must be an ultra-pasteurized milk!
- Culture starter ( I always keep a couple tablespoons of my last yogurt batch and freeze, but I originally started by using Fage plain yogurt)
- Instantpot with yogurt setting
- Nut milk strainer bag (I’m sure there is other ways to strain but this is what I have… click here to find it on amazon)
- Poor the fairlife whole milk into the instantpot while it’s cold from the fridge!
- Add in your yogurt starter (about 2tbsp) and stir it into the milk
- You can add a step here is you want to add vanilla extract or flavoring… I don’t!
- Put the lid on your instantpot and seal!
- Push yogurt setting until it says 8 hours and make sure it is set to normal adjustment.
- Let it incubate for 8 hours (the longer you incubate… the more tart your yogurt)
- Once 8 hours has completed… don’t stir your yogurt, but gently ladle it out into a strainer! I use the nut milk bag. I sit it inside my colander placed over my internal pot of my instant pot!
- Place in fridge over night to strain!
- The next morning I scoop the yogurt into jars!
- I jazz them up with Berry’s, chia, and such at the time I want to eat them!
The whey… I still haven’t figured out what to do with it, so I feed it to my chickens! 😍